When medication and other treatments are unable to relieve symptoms, hysterectomy is often recommended to provide a more effective, definitive and long-term solution for excessive menstrual bleeding. If you are considering or your doctor has recommended a hysterectomy, you are not alone - one in three women in the U.S. will have a hysterectomy before turning 60.1
da Vinci Hysterectomy offers numerous potential benefits over traditional approaches, including:
- Significantly less pain2
- Minimal blood loss and need for transfusion11,3
- Fewer complications11,12
- Shorter hospital stay11,12
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities1,2
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
- Better outcomes and patient satisfaction, in many cases11
This procedure is performed using the Surgical System, a breakthrough surgical platform which enables gynecologists to operate with unmatched precision, dexterity and control. By overcoming the limitations of both traditional open and laparoscopic surgery, is revolutionizing gynecologic surgery for women. Read about how Surgery enables gynecologists to perform the most precise, minimally invasive hysterectomy available today - Hysterectomy.
The Surgical System
Am I A Candidate?
Important Safety Information
- Boggess JF. Robotic surgery in gynecologic oncology: evolution of a new surgical paradigm. J Robotic Surg 2007 1:31-3
- Payne TN, et al. A comparison of total laparoscopic hysterectomy to robotically assisted hysterectomy: surgical outcomes in a community practice. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2008 May-June;15(3):286-91
While clinical studies support the effectiveness of the da Vinci® System when used in minimally invasive surgery, individual results may vary. Surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may not be appropriate for every individual. Always ask your doctor about all treatment options, as well as their risks and benefits.